Seems my swap use is going up solved

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Seems my swap use is going up solved

Post by urdrwho »

I play with other distros but Mint has been my main go to for every day use but I've noticed my memory needs have increased.

Comparing the latest Manjaro Cinnamon to the most recent Mint Cinnamon, Mint is needing to swap out at lot more than Manjaro. When I open three browsers at once, opening the same folders I notice Mint hangs a bit, taking longer to load. I don't plan on switching to Manjaro but I am wondering what is going on with my Mint install? Swappiness is set to the same on each distro.

I have 4 gig of ram installed, I'm not a power user but I cam curious about hearing the HD thrashing with Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Seems my swap use is going up

Post by urdrwho »

Hm? For years I've manually set swappiness. Just for the possibility, I removed my settings and allowed default to take its place. Now it seems that the swappiness has stopped building such high amounts. Maybe the kernels are now taking over more of the load or something... but only a guess because that's why out of my league.

I guess I'll add solved, maybe????

Return to “Cinnamon”