Update Manager not Detecting Updates

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
A Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Update Manager not Detecting Updates

Post by A Jackson »

I recently upgraded to 20.2 on line, not fresh install. Update Manager is present in the system tray but always reports 'Your System is up to date', when it is not. If I click on 'Refresh' it nearly always comes up with a list of updates. I have it set to use local mirrors, but it was the same using default sources. It is not a critical issue, just a bit annoying. Tx. Computer is fairly new Acer Aspire, AMD A6, 8Gb RAM, 1 TB HDD.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Update Manager not Detecting Updates

Post by JoeFootball »

A Jackson wrote: Update Manager is present in the system tray but always reports 'Your System is up to date', when it is not.
Review your Auto-refresh preferences to make sure you're just not seeing this behavior prior to the timing threshold. Also note that Update Manager has to be closed for the Auto-refresh to process.
A Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by A Jackson »

I have auto refresh set to daily. Several can pass with no notification of available updates. i have to open update manager (from tray icon) and refresh manually. Then it will load and display available updates. I do not have any blacklisted items. I should add that it worked as expected prior to 20.2 upgrade.
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

Not sure if it will help, but try one line at a time:

Code: Select all

apt reinstall mintupdate
mintupdate 

Return to “Cinnamon”