How to Ensure Windows of the Same Application into One Icon/Launcher in Cairo Dock?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
swagatopablo
Level 1
Level 1

How to Ensure Windows of the Same Application into One Icon/Launcher in Cairo Dock?

Post by swagatopablo »

Just installed Cairo dock yesterday on Mint Ulyana and liking it so far.

Only small quirk is, when I launch an application such as firefox by hitting a launcher icon, it creates a different temporary icon for that window in the dock. Ideally I would like only one icon for each application in the dock. Or else, when I am on a different application and I click the original launcher icon again, it ends up opening another window.

I would want the cairo dock launchers to act the same way as the pinned icons in the bottom panel work. That is, if a window is already there, then maximise/restore it. If the application was not running, then start it. Is there any setting to ensure this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jo-con-Ël
Level 10
Level 10

Re: How to Ensure Windows of the Same Application into One Icon/Launcher in Cairo Dock?

Post by Jo-con-Ël »

Sure I missing something but I understand you want to create launchers in Cairo for those applications in the same way you do it in panel Windows list?.

It can be done easily. When an application is running click on icon in Cairo dock and right click>Make it a launcher.
Screenshot from 2021-09-26 19-37-51.png
Once a launcher is created, to run once only click on launcher and right click>Open a new Window or Shift+ click to open another window.
Screenshot from 2021-09-26 19-58-43.png
Arrieritos semos y en el camino nos encontraremos.

Return to “Cinnamon”