Cinnamon Spices again?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
juan_lutz
Level 2
Level 2

Cinnamon Spices again?

Post by juan_lutz »

Hi yesterday (01.12.21) I had a very annoying situation with Cinnamon (5.0.7).
At one point Cinnamon stopped working and froze.
I had no other possibility than to shut down the PC from the on/off button (! brutal).

After a few unsuccessful attempts to reboot the system, I only got a black screen with mouse.
Booting the machine with another desktop ( Ubuntu dektop :shock: ... which I have available just in case) I was able to access Timeshift and make it run, however, finally what messed up Cinnamon was or were some spices I use.

So, I disable all of them to get Cinnamon running again, but which ones exactly were responsible? I don't know yet ....

Once Cinnamon run free of spices and after I intent to re-install some of them .... what I really disliked is to realize, that the desktop spice "Google Calendar" which is a standard one on my desktop, now appears in the desklet installation list with an unstable symbol for cinnamon.... since when? why? so I decided not to install it. :evil:
Do we need to take additional measures with spices? Does anyone know what's going on with the spices?
Exactly this kind of things I will take into consideration before I make an update ( of spices or Cinnamon) in the future.
Lg
J.-L.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Intel Core i9-9900K, GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, 46 GB DDR4, 2xNvME Plus SSD 970 1TB, Cinnamon 5.6.7-Linux Mint 21.1

Return to “Cinnamon”