logitek k860 bluetooth keyboard

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pittendrigh
Level 1
Level 1

logitek k860 bluetooth keyboard

Post by pittendrigh »

I bought a logitek k860 "ergonomic" keyboard because it's (suppose to be) quiet.
A print screen key exists above the backspace key, so when I miss the backspace key and unintentionally press the print screen key an annoying /bin/gnome-screenshot executable pops up a dialog. What I want is for the print screen key to do the same thing as the backspace key

I replaced /bin/gnome-screenshot with a shell script that does nothing, which is a minor improvement.
What I really want is for the print screen key to do the same thing as the backspace key, so I get what I want when I accidentally press print screen.
(I moved /bin/gnome-screenshot so it's not lost. However I never use it).
, so I get what I want when I accidentally press print screen.

How would I do this?
a) remap the keyboard somehow, perhaps with xmodmap? I've tried and failed so far. Cinnamon seems to be trapping the print sceen key close to the wires.
b) replace /bin/gnome-screenshot with a shell script that echos the right thing (same as cntrl-D?)

Linux System-Product-Name 5.4.0-74-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Sat May 8 02:35:39 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Linux Mint 20.2 Uma \n \l
echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP: X-Cinnamon
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”