Restoring cinnamon menu item.

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saleesh4u
Level 1
Level 1

Restoring cinnamon menu item.

Post by saleesh4u »

Hi,

I have the same issue.
Tried the method as per the suggestion.
But, My local/share folder does not show any item/folder named "applications".
Please help.

Thanks & Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Restoring cinnamon menu item.

Post by RIH »

Did you try the alternative method suggested by kc1di ??
if all you did was delete them then you should be able to restore them by right clicking on the Menu Icon >configure> Menu Tab> edit menu then select program in question and select properties and hit the square icon box search for the Icon you want and click on it close menu editor and it should be back on the menu. If you deleted the whole entry then you'll need to reenter the command and name ETC. Good Luck.
LittleScriptMan
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Restoring cinnamon menu item.

Post by LittleScriptMan »

saleesh4u wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:11 pm But, My local/share folder does not show any item/folder named "applications".
Maybe saying something obvious you may already know but in smurphos' answer there is a . in front of the ~/.local/share/applications which means it is a hidden directory you can only see in Nemo if the View hidden files menu item is checked.

In order to be complete, ~ means your home folder (but you may also know this already). The idea is to avoid confusion with the usr/share/applications directory of the File System which must not be modified else you precisely know what you're doing under admin privilege.
Interests : Firefox, Cinnamon & Bash Scripts
LM Version : LMDE5 (LMDE4 just in case)

Return to “Cinnamon”