[SOLVED] changing alt-f1 alt-f2 bindings

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dajo
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] changing alt-f1 alt-f2 bindings

Post by dajo »

LM 20.3, new installation. I want to remove the bindings to keys alt-f1, alt-f2, etc. because I have another use for them. Where do I find them, please; keyboard shortcuts does not show them.
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vanadium
Level 4
Level 4

Re: changing alt-f1 alt-f2 bindings

Post by vanadium »

For one at least, I see "Alt+F1" assigned to "Show the workspace selection screen" under the category "General" in the Keyboard dialog, "Shortcuts" tab.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: changing alt-f1 alt-f2 bindings

Post by Cosmo. »

dajo wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:19 pm keyboard shortcuts does not show them.
Then you did not look carefully enough.

But you can make it very easy: Use the shortcuts of your choice for another action. If the shortcut is already in use, you get a notice and the choice, if you will continue or not.
dajo
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Re: changing alt-f1 alt-f2 bindings

Post by dajo »

Thank you. I did not look carefully enough.

However, the way the bindings have to be dug out, involving clicking on every shortcut to check its binding, is plain nuts. My memory is that , at one time in the past, the bindings would be on display at all times, not hidden away, thus *requiring* careful looking (and clicking). One window, four columns, should do it.

I do feel fairly stupid for not guessing that hide and seek is the name of the game.

Return to “Cinnamon”