[SOLVED] Icons does not appear in the second panel (taskbar)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Icons does not appear in the second panel (taskbar)

Post by NiltonGM »

Guys, I installed LM 21 Cinnamon and to my surprise the icons of open applications does not appear in the second vertical panel to the right, how do I do this? In LM 20 was just open an application that appeared in all panels, making it easy to pin on the panel.
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Icons does not appear in the second panel (taskbar)

Post by Cosmo. »

Which applets did you add to to the new panel?
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NiltonGM »

I did not install "Applets", I installed several programs like "Flameshot", "MS VSCODE", "DBGate", etc... (these are shortcuts to applications where when open I right-click and choose the option "Pin to Panel", however, in the LM 21 version the icon only appears in the main bar, nothing appears in the second taskbar (second panel) to the right.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

You cannot add anything except applets to a panel. In your case you need most likely the applet panel-launchers. You can than add shortcuts into it.
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NiltonGM »

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I can add shortcuts from open (running) applications by simply right-clicking on the icon in the main panel (first panel) and clicking on the "Pin to Panel" option.
Problem: How do I do the same with the second pane?
Again: In LM 20, all open applications appeared in all panels, so it was easy to pin to the second panel, in LM 21 this does not happen. This is the main problem: The icons of the open applications only appear on the main panel, not on the second one.
How to make them appear on all panels? That would solve my problem.
Thanks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
NiltonGM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NiltonGM »

I figured out how to do it:
1. in "Applets" install [+] twice the "Grouped windows list"
2. Enable the panel edit mode
3. Drag a "List of grouped windows" to the second panel
4. Deactivate panel edit mode
That's it. For each open application, it appears in the second pane as well as in the first, just click (right) on the open application icon in the second pane and "Pin to pane".
Here's the tip for those who are experiencing the same problem in LM 21. Interestingly in the LM 20 did not need to do any of this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
lezz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] Icons does not appear in the second panel (taskbar)

Post by lezz »

I am also dealing with a panel issue on Linux Mint 21. But the issue is slightly different than yours. I have a dual monitor and I have setup separate panel for each monitor. My primary panel is on monitor one and secondary panel is on monitor 2. Both the panels have their own set of icons pinned to it. Everything works great until the system locks itself due to idle time. When I unlock it, the second panel will show me the icons of the first panel and there is no way for me to remove it. The only way I can get it to working the way I want is to remove the panel from the second screen and then add it back. This wasn't the case with previous version of Linux Mint and I am only facing this with Linux Mint 21. If someone can help me figure out how to tackle this issue, it will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

lezz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:57 am But the issue is slightly different than yours.
Out of this reason you should open an own thread.
lezz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lezz »

Cosmo. wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:00 am
lezz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:57 am But the issue is slightly different than yours.
Out of this reason you should open an own thread.
Will do.
Thanks

Return to “Cinnamon”