Bluetooth applet not appearing - pulseAudio to blame?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BeyondLies_MintForum
Level 3
Level 3

Bluetooth applet not appearing - pulseAudio to blame?

Post by BeyondLies_MintForum »

I have no bluetooth appplet, even though: I have `blueman-applet` set to run at startup; bluetooth does seem enabled.[1] When I run `blueman-applet` in a terminal, I see:

Code: Select all

blueman-applet 17.47.19 WARNING  PluginManager:151 __load_plugin: Not loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-applet 17.47.19 WARNING  PluginManager:151 __load_plugin: Not loading DhcpClient because its conflict has higher priority
I did not have the problem on Mint 20.3. I think the problem might have to do with the sound software called Pulse Audio and that is newly included with Mint 21. For, see this post on the Arch Linux forum. I will try the fix stated there, and then I will report back here. EDIT: that ostensible fix is inapplicable to my system; I do not have the relevant pulse-audio service. Admittedly, a process called `pulseaudio` is running; I tried to kill that process, but I could not - not even `sudo kill -9 <processNumber>` worked

My system

Mint 21
Cinnamon 5.4.10

Code: Select all

$ systemctl is-active bluetooth
active
$ rfkill list bluetooth
1: tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
2: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”