Thanks for Cinnamon! I really think it's going to be the best option for me when it matures. I really like the single panel on the bottom look. I've been trying it in a virtualbox for several days now and here's a few things I'd like to see when Cinnamon matures...
1. Ability to right click on the panel and change properties, add applications, applets, etc...
2. Ability through the panel properties to change the color, auto hide options, size and most important... transparency of the panel. I like a very transparent panel and have set up my Gnome 2 desktop that way for years.
3. Some type of feedback when clicking on a launcher on the panel to show that it's been clicked (instead of just waiting for the app to launch). Like maybe some kind of animated push button type thing (as Gnome 2 had), so you know you clicked the launcher.
4. A weather applet for the panel.
5. The ability to move various aspects of the panel around (relocate the desktop switcher, etc...).
Basically I'd like the panel in Cinnamon to work very similar to the Gnome 2 panel.
I have a question... is there any way for me to adjust the transparency of the panel right now?
Thanks again for this and keep up the great work!