Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
madwoollything
Level 3
Level 3

Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Postby madwoollything » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:50 am

I've just started using Cinnamon 1.2 ..... very nice.

One thing I miss (& have been searching on the forums) is how to re-enable showing the virtual desktops from the 'hot corner'.
With Cinnamon 1.2 if I use the hot corner, only the windows open on that desktop are visible, and the 'virtual desktops' no longer appear on the right hand side.

How do I re-enable this so can move opens applications to another desktop from the overview?

Longstreet
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Hot corner - how to show virtual desktops?

Postby Longstreet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I would like this as well. Cinnamon's a pretty cool merging of old and new, but I'm missing the virtual view on the right.

Anybody?

cwwgateway
Level 5
Level 5

Postby cwwgateway » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 pm

This isn't possible using Cinnamon 1.2. The desktop overview was replaced with the compiz scale plugin. However, I have heard from looking at the talk on github that there is a plan to add a horizantal workspace switcher which is just like the old one in the future.
Dell XPS 15 l502x - Debian Testing 64-bit NetInst Xfce, SolydX 64-bit Debian Testing, SolydK 64-bit SolydXK Testing
Old Gateway Pentium 4 Desktop - Arch Linux 64-bit Xfce and SolydX 32-bit Sid

madwoollything
Level 3
Level 3

Postby madwoollything » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 am

cwwgateway wrote:This isn't possible using Cinnamon 1.2. The desktop overview was replaced with the compiz scale plugin. However, I have heard from looking at the talk on github that there is a plan to add a horizantal workspace switcher which is just like the old one in the future.

Thanks .... Cinnamon is developing nicely and I know that this is early days.

felixlizarraga
Level 3
Level 3

Postby felixlizarraga » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a supernewbie --"super" in the bad sense, as in completely ignorant"--, but now I'm wondering why I don't have the problem.

I am also using Cinnamom 1.2, but when I hit the hot corner (top left in my case) I do get a nice view of all virtual desktops on the right side. So perhaps the problem is not Cinnamon-related.

HTH,

Felix

felixlizarraga
Level 3
Level 3

Postby felixlizarraga » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:36 am

Correction:

A newbie is a newbie is a newbie. I'm such a newbie, I didn't even know that I wasn't logged on a Cinnamon session. Now I am, and, of course, I DON'T see the virtual desktops on the right. Sorry about the confusion... :(

bu99zy
Level 3
Level 3

Postby bu99zy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:47 am

while in overview mode, if you can click and drag on an empty space (not on the windows), you can slide to the next workspace

Return to “Cinnamon”