Menus Gone

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fajah

Menus Gone

Post by Fajah »

I just installed Cinnamon on Mint 12 this morning and at first glance, really liked it. All was well until I wanted wanted to "flip" the menu bar at the bottom to the top. Logging out and back in resulted in just a background.... no menus whatsoever. I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to log out and go back to the Gnome 3 desktop.

I also tried uninstalling Cinnamon completely and reinstalling via the Synaptic Package Manager. It didn't do anything.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated but keep in mind that I'm new to the Linux world.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fajah

Re: Menus Gone - Update

Post by Fajah »

When I login as a Guest using Cinnamon, everything is fine. I then set up a second User Account with admin rights and Cinnamon loaded normally. However, as soon as I change the setting to display the task bar at the top, nothing happens. When I log back in using the new account, nothing loads and it's toast.

Subsequently, I deleted the new User Account and back using the Gnome 3 desktop until someone can hopefully suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Fajah

Re: Menus Gone - Latest Update

Post by Fajah »

I got it working. I didn't realize I could configure it within another desktop environment. The only setting that works is the "Traditional" setting which is the panel at the bottom. I still prefer the panel at the top but I can live with it the way it is right now.

Return to “Cinnamon”