Multiple Workspaces on Glass-Shell Cinnamon Theme

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Benzini

Multiple Workspaces on Glass-Shell Cinnamon Theme

Post by Benzini »

Hey everybody!

Hey there, everyone!

I have come across a problem with this theme: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/33.

This may be a problem with many themes on Cinnamon. The Glass-Shell Cinnamon Theme isn't fully compatible with Cinnamon 1.4. With the introduction of the new Expo workspace switcher, a user cannot simply add and subtract workspaces from the presented at default. For those of you who have recognized this problem also, never fear! I have a solution!

First, move the two pictures "add-workspace.png" and "close-window.svg" to the unpacked theme location Glass-shell/cinnamon directory:
cp /usr/share/cinnamon/theme/add-workspace.png ~/.themes/Glass-shell/cinnamon/
cp /usr/share/cinnamon/theme/close-window.svg ~/.themes/Glass-shell/cinnamon/
Second, open up the CSS file "~/.themes/Glass-shell/cinnamon/cinnamon.css" and add the following code:
.workspace-add-button {
background-image: url("add-workspace.png");
height: 200px;
width: 35px;
}
.workspace-add-button:hover {
}
.workspace-close-button {
background-image: url("close-window.svg");
height: 34px;
width: 34px;
-cinnamon-close-overlap: 20px;
}
Finally, save the changes and restart Cinnamon. Congratulations! You can now successfully add and remove workspaces to your heart's content!

Take care, everyone!
-Evan B.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Multiple Workspaces on Glass-Shell Cinnamon Theme

Post by bimsebasse »

That theme has been updated for 1.4 long ago - when you download a theme folder manually, it doesn't magically update itself, you need to re-download once in a while, that's the main reason I created the Cinnamon Extras PPA, so you don't have to.

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bimsebasse/cinnamonextras
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cinnamon-theme-dark-glass
Then you have the latest version and you will get all updates automagically through system updates.
Daniel4lm

Post by Daniel4lm »

Thank you bimsebasse for the quick response, I just thought that there are some problems in the theme. :)

Benzini - as far as I remember, this theme is compatible with Cinnamon 1.4 :)
Benzini

Post by Benzini »

Daniel4lm - I guess I confused myself here. It is indeed compatible with Cinnamon 1.4. I should have specified to say that the functionality of more than two workspaces was missing. My apologies.

Return to “Cinnamon”