Need help changing shadow radius backdrop effect.

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Sojiro84
Level 1
Level 1

Need help changing shadow radius backdrop effect.

Post by Sojiro84 »

Hello all,

So, after having tried myself and many Google's, I am now here asking the question as my last resort. Cinnamon lacks good shadows and I want to change that. I want a bigger drop shadow effect.

I managed to change some programs that look in a different place for it's look if a file is there:

At the following location: "~/.config/gtk-3.0/" I made a "gtk.css" with:

Code: Select all

decoration
   {
	   box-shadow: 13px 13px 13px 13px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6), 0 0 0 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.18);
   }

decoration:backdrop
   {
	   box-shadow: 13px 13px 13px 13px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), 0 0 0 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.18);
   }
This results in: https://imgur.com/a/lXjuWMo

For me, this is a good looking shadow. Adds some depth to my desktop. But many other programs don't look there but looks in the, I assume, metacity file or some other location. Does anybody know what I need to change or add so all programs have this shadow effect? Is it even possible? I know Cinnamon is extremely lacking in eye candy, but surely changing the shadow radius/backdrop should be possible?

I mean, there IS a shadow effect, so if there is a shadow effect, it can also be changed. I just cant find out where and what and the internet also doesn't have any topics that I can find so far.

I hope someone can help me out, this is the last thing I need to make my desktop perfect (the other was colored window borders which I managed to fix myself).

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”