A Decision I have made (not for everyone)

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ABitMenthol77
Level 2
Level 2

A Decision I have made (not for everyone)

Post by ABitMenthol77 »

I really liked different icons and themes on my Linux Mint laptop, I really did....honest.

But, after encountering, three times, an icon pack that, not only had missing icons that were fundamental to to it, but also made the ones it did have somehow no longer open the program or location they were linked to (as in my documents, settings etc.)

Every time this happens, I found the only way out was to boot into a live USB of Linux Mint, find the offending icon pack folder and eliminate it. Once done and rebooted, all would be well. Only this last time, it didn't work so, I reinstalled Linux Mint 20.1 from the USB and started from scratch.

So, as of today, I will not bother with any icon packs or themes and stick to the default Mint y Aqua theme and icons.

Ok, rant over.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jamie, Sheffield UK
Setup: Starlabs Star Lite MKII running Linux Mint 21.1 Cinamon Desktop.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgement."
ajgringo619

Re: A Decision I have made (not for everyone)

Post by ajgringo619 »

Many icon packs rely on other sets to fill in the ones they don't supply. For example, I use the Neon-Knights-Green-Folders icon pack. In the index.theme file, there's an Inherits=breeze-dark,Adwaita,hicolor,Mint-Y line that shows all the icons packs it expects to already be installed. Since this icon pack was manually installed (to $HOME/.icons), I had to also manually install the inherited icon packs.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”