[SOLVED} Color temperature

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Color temperature

Post by absque fenestris »

Roland wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 am I tried the Ubuntu 20.04 live session: bright colors....
Ubuntu 20.04 but which desktop?
Roland
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Roland »

Ubuntu's default desktop.

BTW I installed kgamma from the Mint repositories, bu t I can not find the program in the menu or when I try to start it in the console.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

First I had to look what is the default for Ubuntu ... Here https://www.ghacks.net/2020/04/24/ubunt ... lts-is-out it says "Ubuntu uses the GNOME desktop environment ..." ...couldn't Ubuntu say on their own website straight away that the default is GNOME?

The same thing can be said about GNOME as about KDE: if your screen is better supported with the GNOME desktop than with Mint Cinnamon, then GNOME is preferable - or you live with Cinnamon's poorer color representation.

So - you now have the choice whether the KDE or the GNOME desktop suits you better - you shouldn't mix the two and neither with Cinnamon.

I don't know kgamma and can't comment on it.
Roland
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Roland »

Thanks again.
I will stick with Ubuntu.
Roland
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED} Color temperature

Post by Roland »

Clem says, and he is right:
You can check in System Settings -> Colors to see if there’s a color profile which was auto-generated. If there is, remove it and see if that helps. We got similar feedback from another user who was facing this issue and this solved it for him. I’d suggest testing with redshift disabled also.

Ubuntu uses GNOME so it also has a color profile management tool. Check in there to see if the color profile matches or if it’s different.
This solved the problem.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”