Font in the results of google searches is really small in Firefox

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
migssgim12
Level 1
Level 1

Font in the results of google searches is really small in Firefox

Post by migssgim12 »

Hello,
I am running Linux Mint 21.1. The font in the results of google searches is really small in Firefox, and I don't know what to do. I have tried increasing the font system wide, but to no avail. I have tried to change the font settings in Firefox, increasing the font size there including unchecking the "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above," but still to no avail. Also I have tried clearing the cache and restarting Firefox. Every other page has bigger fonts, apart from the search results with Google.
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ringshellfish
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Font in the results of google searches is really small in Firefox

Post by ringshellfish »

You can try to zoom in, just press ctrl + (yes I mean the plus key).
migssgim12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by migssgim12 »

Thanks, yes, I know I can do that, but I would prefer to not do that every time I launch a search. Why doesn't changing it in settings apply to every page? Including the results of Google searches. I would like to figure out a way to do this. It works in Chrome. I wanted to use Firefox but it looks like it just doesn't want to work.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-01-28 13-42-04.png
Screenshot from 2023-01-28 13-42-21.png
ringshellfish
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ringshellfish »

The zoom factor is saved for each website, you don't have to adjust it every time. Have you tried the "Minimum font size" setting?
migssgim12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by migssgim12 »

Thanks - that worked. Actually about Chrome, the font does change except for the address bar. It stays the same. Any insight on this? It's tiny.
chrome.png
ringshellfish
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ringshellfish »

I don't know how to do this in chrome, but in the system settings under accessibility there is an option for larger text. You can try that.
migssgim12
Level 1
Level 1

Post by migssgim12 »

Yes I did that. Everything was ridiculously too small before I did that. It just seems like Linux Mint just can't handle my computer. For some reason everything is everything is either too big or too small now. I have no problem with Linux mint on my older computers, but my Lenovo Yoga from 2020 it is just all awkward. Are there specific settings for 1920 x 1080?

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”