Restore Lighter Green to Newer LM 21.1 Cinnamon Themes

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintMan20204
Level 1
Level 1

Restore Lighter Green to Newer LM 21.1 Cinnamon Themes

Post by MintMan20204 »

So I like a lot of the new looks of the newer Mint 21.1 Cinnamon themes except that the newer theme colors for cinnamon got rid of the former lighter green color that's still used in the "legacy" themes pack. I'd rather not use this legacy theme for several reasons. Is there any kind of way to modify or get that lighter green back into the newer Cinnamon themes? I tried modifying the themes file but I'm not good at programing and I think it would be lot of time wasted if I didn't get all the colors swapped out correctly to change it as the old theme had it.
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Restore Lighter Green to Newer LM 21.1 Cinnamon Themes

Post by rene »

FWIW I'd also like a bit more choice as to a bit more muted colors.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

I am rather theme-dysfunctional so I apologize in advance if this is not what you meant, but have you checked the yaru green themes? I don't have LM21.1 up right now but there's a yaru-sage and a yaru-olive that I recall testing to get something closer to what I currently have with LM20.3. (You'll have to scroll quite a bit to get down to the yaru themes.)
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Only speaking for myself, I'm not after a different theme as such. In fact quite sympathise with theme-dysfunction and can even say that the fact that Mint looks good enough out of the box that I don't feel the need to concern myself with any of that crap is the very reason I today returned one system to it -- and found the colour variants as offered by the welcome screen a bit lacking.

Like the new theme as such fine -- but damn, is that blue or green or (even) gray or... selection highlight in for example the Thunderbird folder list jarringly intense.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”