Customizing Volume Bar

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keilankessie
Level 1
Level 1

Customizing Volume Bar

Post by keilankessie »

I'm new to Mint and Linux as a whole, and want to put my own mark on my desktop UI. One UI element which I would love to be able to customize is the pop-up which appears when I change the volume on my computer. I'd love to change the volume icons (maybe replace them with icons of a character like Sonic shouting, talking, or shushing depending on the volume level) and maybe the sound the volume bar makes when adjusting volume. Also, the positioning and size of the Volume bar is pretty egregious, so that would be good to change. Thank you so much to anybody who wants to brainstorm ideas with me, it's greatly appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
johnsonmt01
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Customizing Volume Bar

Post by johnsonmt01 »

Check out what modifications have been done here, and maybe contact the developer. This is the most recent add-on I've seen that addresses a few things you mentioned.

https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/e ... ns/view/93

As far as changing the on-screen icons, you should be able to do that by finding icons called "audio-volume" in your current theme and replacing them with a custom version.

If you're using Cinnamon, sounds are easily customized in System Settings.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”