Three theme-related questions

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
A Future Pilot

Three theme-related questions

Post by A Future Pilot »

OK, so I have three things I want to do...

1. Remove the transparency from the menu. I'm running cinnamon and I installed the Elegance theme from PPA. Is there anyway at all to change the transparency and still use the ppa? If not, what files from the downloaded theme will I have to edit to remove transparency?

2. Change text selection/drag box/menu selection color. It's green now, and I'd like to change it to something a little more "normal". I also want to change it from green in the MDM.

3. Change window border colors and stuff. I like the theme, I just want them black instead of grey. How can I do this? Do I need the Mint-Z(X?)-Dark themes? Where do I get them and how do I install them?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: Three theme-related questions

Post by bimsebasse »

A Future Pilot wrote:OK, so I have three things I want to do...

1. Remove the transparency from the menu. I'm running cinnamon and I installed the Elegance theme from PPA. Is there anyway at all to change the transparency and still use the ppa? If not, what files from the downloaded theme will I have to edit to remove transparency?
Find this bit in the theme's cinnamon.css file:

Code: Select all

.popup-menu-boxpointer {
    -arrow-border-radius: 3px;
    -arrow-background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.70);
The "0.70" in "rgba(0,0,0,0.70)" sets transparency, 0.0 is completely transparent, 1.0 is opaque.
2. Change text selection/drag box/menu selection color. It's green now, and I'd like to change it to something a little more "normal". I also want to change it from green in the MDM.
Check the new Minty colors theme, Minty is basically Elegance with green highlight and the colours version contains a script which allows you to easily manipulate highlight colours: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/78
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

OK, so I've got most things figured out, but I just have one more question.

How would I edit the titlebars of an existing theme? Is that in the Cinnamon theme or the GTK theme? Where in which files would those settings be stored?

Thanks!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”