Cinnamon brightness/volume feedback icon is unthemed

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FurqanHanif

Cinnamon brightness/volume feedback icon is unthemed

Post by FurqanHanif »

i am having a problem. when i increase my brightnese, sound etc an screen appear which shows us that our sound increasing but i am having problem with this as shown in my pic [
image-png1.jpg
].i also Encircled it. so kindly please someone told me how i solve this problem . i am using linux mint cinnamon 14. hope someone understand me... :( :( :(
(sorry for my English.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Cinnamon brightness/volume feedback icon is unthemed

Post by xenopeek »

Please use descriptive titles. I've updated your topic title.

Other users have had similar issues. IIRC that was caused by the theme they used. Can you try switching to the default theme (Nightlife Graphite) and see if you have the same issue then?
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

thanks for correcting my post. i also tried by changing my theme but nothing happens. the problem still remains.. :( :( :(
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Can you share the output of the following command? Possibly your graphics card driver has an issue.

Code: Select all

inxi -Gx
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

It's controlled by GTK theme, not by Cinnamon theme.
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

Thanks. so it means changing theme also change feedback icon theme. so kindly please fix it or report is as a bug. :( by changing my gtk+theme, it solve my problem.the command output is that
"Graphics: Card: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
X.Org: 1.13.0 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1366x768@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Sandybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.2.0 (git-90862c8 quantal-oibaf-ppa) Direct Rendering: Yes"

it seems that problem is not with my graphic card, problem is with software...

another thing i want to ask why there is no feedback icon for wifi???? :( any solution for that?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

What Gtk theme gave the problem for you, and which one worked correctly?
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

gnome-cupertino-unity gtk theme giving me problem. but works fine with mint-x gtk theme.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

FurqanHanif wrote:so kindly please fix it or report is as a bug
Not sure how to proceed on this on. It's an issue with the theme as demonstrated by your test.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

xenopeek wrote:
FurqanHanif wrote:so kindly please fix it or report is as a bug
Not sure how to proceed on this on. It's an issue with the theme as demonstrated by your test.
Best he leaves a message or gets a hold of the creator of that theme to see if he or she will fix it, unless the person isn't around anymore then someone else can fix it I guess.
FurqanHanif these themes are usually created by individuals like myself or someone else, anytime you have an issue with any theme it's best to go to that person so they can fix it, most theme makers don't mind bug hunters and most should like it so they can get rid of them all. We can test our own themes we make but we are human and miss some stuff sometimes. If you know where you got it, just go back there and leave a message letting the theme maker know what the bug is and what the effect is (that huge monster looking icon) they probably thank you for letting them know.
Sam
FurqanHanif

Post by FurqanHanif »

ok. Thanks

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”