Adding new login window theme error [fixed]

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
choochooal
Level 1
Level 1

Adding new login window theme error [fixed]

Post by choochooal » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:47 pm

I'm on Mint 17 cinnamon. I was following directions to copy a currently installed HTML login window theme and making mods to it and then installing my new custom login. All went fine. I was able to go to Menu->all->login window and do the add and find my tar.gz file and install it.

I like it but I thought I just download another that seems better. So I found this and downloaded their tar.gz file. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=152698
The proceeded to do the same thing I did for my own login window. When I click on add and pick this new tar file I get an error "Not a theme archive" "File not a tar.gz or tar"
But the file is. I tried clicking both the HTML type of login and the GDM and installing there. Still the same error. I dual boot with Windows 8 and have a VM there and I tested this in both Mint 16 and Mint 17. So my question is, can anyone shed light on what I'm doing wrong? Why is it not a theme archive? Seems like I'm going to the right website to get these login themes. (if you want to call them themes.)

EDIT:
I think the issue is that the file is not in the proper format, more than the tar/tar.gz error message. I think that I'm downloading a GDM theme and not a MDM theme. If anyone has better facts please post, but for now I'm calling this fixed. I got what I wanted out of the HTML login window.

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”