Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

change MDM background and menu opacity

Post by overkill22 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 am

Hi guys!

I would like to know how can I change the background of a login page theme.
I saw the tool for change the login theme, but it allows you to change only with default theme. I would like to take a very very simple theme, ad just put a different image in background. I would like to have a normal color instead to fancy images. How can I do that ?

second question:
I have the menu bar with 50% transparency. Is it possible to change the background / opacity in the menu too ?

thanks!

cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Re: change MDM background and menu opacity

Post by cmost » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:48 pm

You need to install MDM themes. Gnome-look.org has a great many of these. Most of the original GDM 2.x themes work too. If you're looking for a specific look, it's easy to take a theme that's similar to what you want, unzip it, then swap out backgrounds or change opacities using Gimp. Rezip and then import as new theme. Good luck! :D
Dual Intel Xeon 3.6 GHz, 24 Cores
86.5 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 660
Linux Mint 18.2 MATE 1.18 +Compiz
Kernel 4.09 LTS

overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Re: change MDM background and menu opacity

Post by overkill22 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm

cmost wrote:You need to install MDM themes. Gnome-look.org has a great many of these. Most of the original GDM 2.x themes work too. If you're looking for a specific look, it's easy to take a theme that's similar to what you want, unzip it, then swap out backgrounds or change opacities using Gimp. Rezip and then import as new theme. Good luck! :D
Thank you for the answer, so, for example for the LOGIN screen I am using the "SimpleGreeter" gdm theme. I would like to change the color of this. How can I do ?

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”