Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
MartijnGP
Level 1
Level 1

Icon location in themes

Post by MartijnGP » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Hello,

I'm currently busy applying a new look to my Mint 17.3 Cinnamon setup and I've come quite far. Currently, I am trying to skin Firefox to have it fit in with the rest of the apps. Therefore, I would like to use some buttons (specifically back, next, up, search, etc) that are also in use in Nemo's (and some other apps) GUI. I have spent an entire day trying to get a hold of these icons (or symbols, if you prefer) to be able to implement them in my Firefox theme. I'm using paper-gtk-theme and paper-icon-theme, and I can't find the icons I need. I've been through all the CSS and XML files of the theme, I have manually checked all the png or svg files I could find, I have been through Nemo's source code hoping to find where it'd get the icons from, but no luck.

So my question is a simple one, where on earth can I find the icons that Nemo is using in its toolbar?

Regards,
MartijnGP

elbullazul
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Icon location in themes

Post by elbullazul » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:32 am

hi there,

I would have a look at the actions folders in the 16x16 and 24x24 directrories (maybe 22x22 and 32x32 can be useful too)

cheers,

caned_monkey
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Icon location in themes

Post by caned_monkey » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm trying to do the exact same thing!

If you're looking for system icons then they saved in /.icons/ and as MartijnGP says, they are in the Actions folder.

The ones you want are:

go-up.png
go-previous.png
go-next.png
edit-find.png

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”