jakeJ
Level 1
Level 1

customize colors of bars

Post by jakeJ » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:13 am

Hi,
How to customize in Cinnamon theme next things:
1) scrolling bar color
2) when downloading somethin, it shows the progress (for example in Firefox: Tools-> Downloads). Just need to customize colors hete too.

Thank You.

Penn
Level 5
Level 5

Re: customize colors of bars

Post by Penn » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:20 pm

If you want detailed description of how to do this say so and if I get the time I will give you one.

In either /usr/share/themes or ~/your_home_folder/.themes (hidden folder) you will find your installed themes. Make a backup of the theme you want to alter just in case.

In the case of Cinnamon you have to edit both GTK-2.0 and GTK-3.0 files. In GTK-2.0 I think it is and image file that needs edited with Gimp or Inkscape (maybe .svg but I am thinking .png). GTK-3.0 it is one of the .css files in the defined colors (I think) in the default Mint-X themes but I have seen third party themes use image files. In both 2.0 and 3.0 there are separate settings for the scrollbar and progress bar but once you find one the other should be nearby.

elbullazul
Level 2
Level 2

Re: customize colors of bars

Post by elbullazul » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:00 am

Penn wrote:If you want detailed description of how to do this say so and if I get the time I will give you one.

In either /usr/share/themes or ~/your_home_folder/.themes (hidden folder) you will find your installed themes. Make a backup of the theme you want to alter just in case.

In the case of Cinnamon you have to edit both GTK-2.0 and GTK-3.0 files. In GTK-2.0 I think it is and image file that needs edited with Gimp or Inkscape (maybe .svg but I am thinking .png). GTK-3.0 it is one of the .css files in the defined colors (I think) in the default Mint-X themes but I have seen third party themes use image files. In both 2.0 and 3.0 there are separate settings for the scrollbar and progress bar but once you find one the other should be nearby.
GTK 2.0 assets are all SVG graphics.

as for the scrollbar in GTK3, it's right under "* scrollbar *"

and the progressbar under " * progressbar *"

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”