Looking for BlackMATE theme for lm cinnamon (solved)

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crazyjust

Looking for BlackMATE theme for lm cinnamon (solved)

Post by crazyjust »

I have a theme on my debian cinnamon box that I would like to use on my lm18 box. It's called BlackMATE, but I can't find it. Is there a way to add this? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Looking for BlackMATE theme for lm cinnamon

Post by trytip »

usr/share/themes is where themes are stored
Penn

Re: Looking for BlackMATE theme for lm cinnamon

Post by Penn »

The only place I recall seeing that theme is in a Debian Cinnamon install. I can quickly think of 2 possible ways to get it. Create a live disc of Debian Cinnamon and go the the folder mentioned above /usr/share/themes and just copy the BlackMATE folder. I know this works because that is how I got it.

You may be able to save time if you can just find it in the debian repository. I don't remember but I think it is part of a package that includes other themes. As far as that goes, it is possible it is in the Mint repos which would mean it can be found in software manager.

edit - I got curious and checked. It can be found as part of a package of multiple themes in software manager, just search mate-themes.
crazyjust

Re: Looking for BlackMATE theme for lm cinnamon (solved)

Post by crazyjust »

Penn wrote:The only place I recall seeing that theme is in a Debian Cinnamon install. I can quickly think of 2 possible ways to get it. Create a live disc of Debian Cinnamon and go the the folder mentioned above /usr/share/themes and just copy the BlackMATE folder. I know this works because that is how I got it.

You may be able to save time if you can just find it in the debian repository. I don't remember but I think it is part of a package that includes other themes. As far as that goes, it is possible it is in the Mint repos which would mean it can be found in software manager.

edit - I got curious and checked. It can be found as part of a package of multiple themes in software manager, just search mate-themes.
Thank you. I installed mate-themes package and got it.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”