Wrong Theme upon login

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
dld
Level 1
Level 1

Wrong Theme upon login

Post by dld »

I run LMDE2, Uuntu16.04 and Windows 10 on this machine. Upon login LMDE and Ubuntu MATE come up with a window theme and icon set are are unknown to me. So I right click the desktop, click Change Background, and the windows decoration and icons change before the usual window comes up, and I have a chance to delete it. LMDE and Ubuntu share /home, /dos and /windows partitions, so I apparently have to use the same theme and icon set for LMDE and Ubuntu. Not everything that I prefer is available, so I compromise withHuman-Clearlooks controls, Humanity-Dark icons, and Clealooks-Phenix windows border.

How do I get the desired theme to come up with login?

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Wrong Theme upon login

Post by austin.texas »

When you share the same /home with 2 OS's you can expect problems with configuration. That is not a good practice.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Wrong Theme upon login

Post by jimallyn »

Your preferences are stored in your home folder. (Where else would they be?) Since you only have one home folder for all your installations, changing settings for one OS means changing it for all OSes. Things are working exactly as expected.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Themes, Icons, & Wallpaper”