Linux Mint XFCE 18 & Nemo 3.0.8 as default

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
irishlander

Linux Mint XFCE 18 & Nemo 3.0.8 as default

Post by irishlander »

Hello,

after installtion Linux Mint xfce 18.0 i would like to install the nemo filemanager to replace thunar (the filemanager from xfce).
When i use nemo as default application for files i have the problem that when i create a folder or file with right click on the desktop, i'll see two of them.
I can only modify one or delete him - when i have done this the twin folder/file is already changed or deleted.

how can i fix this issue?

kind regards
Irishlander
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux Mint XFCE 18 & Nemo 3.0.8 as default

Post by greerd »

If you install nemo in a xfce DE, you should only run it with the '--no-desktop' option so that nemo doesn't try and take over your desktop. I think you might want to keep thunar though, default file managers tend to be integrated into the desktop.

You can run nemo from the command line like so: nemo --no-desktop and/or you can edit the menu applications by right clicking the menu (mint) icon, selecting the 'Edit Applications' option, selecting the 'Accessories' => 'Files' and edit the Command to 'nemo --no-desktop %U'.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”