I have lost window borders and controls Mint-x or Linux Mint backgrounds - SOLVED

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benchrest
Level 3
Level 3

I have lost window borders and controls Mint-x or Linux Mint backgrounds - SOLVED

Post by benchrest »

Mint Cinnamon 18.1 , I no longer have a choice of Mint-x for Window borders or controls. I was playing with my themes and I no longer have my choices I had. My other machine running 18.1 has these choices. usr/share/themes look identical. Where else might I have lost these two options? Mint-x is available for the Desktop setting.
Also in backgrounds I have Sarah and Serena but no Linux Mint backgrounds containing 3 backgrounds as in my other machine. I can't believe I deleted something but I must have.
Rich
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I have lost window borders and controls Mint-x or Linux Mint backgrounds

Post by austin.texas »

Boot your live Mint DVD or USB and copy the contents of that /usr/share/themes/ to the /usr/share/themes/ on the hard drive.
If you are missing anything, that will replace it.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
benchrest
Level 3
Level 3

Re: I have lost window borders and controls Mint-x or Linux Mint backgrounds

Post by benchrest »

Thanks for your reply. Your idea would have fixed the problem. But I decided instead to use Unison to sync the folders so I could see what was missing. While all my folders were there, some subfolders and files were missing. So while usr/share/themes/Mint-X existed, gtk-2.0, metacity-1, index.theme etc were missing. Strange, but my only theory I can think of is I screwed up somehow. Solved.
LM Cinnamon 19, ASUS TUF B450M, Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb memory, Samsung SSD 970 EVO-Plus 500gb, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256gb, dual 27" monitors, MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050ti Areo ITX. Big user of Gramps, LibreOffice, Unison.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”