Making Themes

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamarthur

Making Themes

Post by iamarthur »

Hello I would like to make a cinnamon theme from scratch rather than editing an existing theme (for personal edification). Is there any list of all the ID's and Classes that can be used in cinnamon.css and if not could someone point me towards the documentation I should be looking at to figure it out? Also the same question but for GTK3. thanks in advance for any info.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
samriggs

Re: Making Themes

Post by samriggs »

What most, if not all (except the folks that wrote it in the first place) do is just take the main theme or any other one, (make sure it's up to date), fork it for your own use.
as far as how to's go, I don't know of any but when I make themes I just grab the latest one and fork it for my own theme, all the things you need are already included in the theme, you just change it to whatever you want it to be.
The list of all the ID's and Classes are included in it already.

This is by far the easiest method, if your looking for a full description on what each ID does, I don't think there is one, or none I ever heard of in all my years of doing this, Me and another fella was going to make one once, but at the speed changes happen in DE's it seemed pointless because of to many constant updates and the time to do it all in, so we dropped the idea years ago.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”