How do I create a Cursor Theme?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
choochooal
Level 2
Level 2

How do I create a Cursor Theme?

Post by choochooal »

I'm running Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3. 64 bit. I've made an Icon theme, a Desktop theme and now I'd like to make a cursor theme.
How do you do this? Is there any documentation anywhere for a place to begin. I've looked at quite a few working icon sets, and the ones I've got with a folder called cursors with a few index etc files. The files in the cursors folder are impossible to view.
The files don't seem to open with anything, or anything I have installed.

Also cursors that came with Linux like DMZ-white have a great preview, but the ones I'm downloading into my ~/.icons folder have a generic icon. I'm sure there is an issue with the theme since I found the same issue with both of my icon and desktop themes till I hit upon the fix.

Google/Bing etc is impossible. I search for create or build or make and all I get is instructions on how to install. I got the install part down pat.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”