Making a Html MDM theme

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrAlexander

Making a Html MDM theme

Post by DrAlexander »

I've downloaded the MDM HTML theme master and made a folder to create a windows 7 login and I need some help to build it just like the REAL login from Windows 7 and I know little nor know how to code in Html5....

I've extracted some Images from the Win7 webkit theme I've downloaded and using those images to make it and it does have a icon border to display my .face icon

I just have trouble building a HTML MDM theme to look like the Win7 Login, there's a MDM theme that looks like it but it's too basic to me and doesn't have the feel of Windows 7's Login

P.S I don't know if this is the right place to post something about Html MDM theme making.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Making a Html MDM theme

Post by catweazel »

HTML5
css

Perhaps the best way to learn is to look at the themes you don't like and work out how to change them.

Also see:
How to create a MDM HTML5 Greeter Theme
EgConf
mint-mdm-themes
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I'm the dude that created a lot of them in the beginning.
I wrote a tutorial and made a template.
I found using phasers framework worked best
It's a html5 gaming framework and it just works great for mdm themes with canvas.
I also use the phaser editor to create them (which uses eclipse forked for this sole purpose of making games with phaser)
It's a paid version but it includes a nag screen if you don't pay which will not stop you from creating it.

Here is my tutorial and template and all the info to create a basic one: http://samsstuffsoftware.blogspot.ca/20 ... ework.html

Hope it helps you out
You don't need the editor to create it but I just like using it as I use it to make games with.

Sam
DrAlexander

Post by DrAlexander »

samriggs wrote:I'm the dude that created a lot of them in the beginning.
I wrote a tutorial and made a template.
I found using phasers framework worked best
It's a html5 gaming framework and it just works great for mdm themes with canvas.
I also use the phaser editor to create them (which uses eclipse forked for this sole purpose of making games with phaser)
It's a paid version but it includes a nag screen if you don't pay which will not stop you from creating it.

Here is my tutorial and template and all the info to create a basic one: http://samsstuffsoftware.blogspot.ca/20 ... ework.html

Hope it helps you out
You don't need the editor to create it but I just like using it as I use it to make games with.

Sam
wow that's radical, I'm just recreating the Login screen of Windows 7 with a row of small icons showing the .face file as your icon inside the box and stuff an d contains two bottom buttons left one does desktop session and the power button one does a pull up menu containing the power options.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

ya I make games so I use the framework and make the odd mdm theme when I have spare time with it.
If you just want a simpler way you can snag one of my earlier themes and just swap out the artwork for your own and change the theme file to your own (make sure you change the name of the folder and theme file)
A few of done it that way for easier themes.
Heres the link for all my themes, feel to fork one for yourself.
https://samriggs.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sam
DrAlexander

Post by DrAlexander »

samriggs wrote:ya I make games so I use the framework and make the odd mdm theme when I have spare time with it.
If you just want a simpler way you can snag one of my earlier themes and just swap out the artwork for your own and change the theme file to your own (make sure you change the name of the folder and theme file)

Sam
How I'm gonna replicate Windows 7's using one of these themes via phaser?
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

DrAlexander wrote:
samriggs wrote:ya I make games so I use the framework and make the odd mdm theme when I have spare time with it.

Sam
if all you want to do is put an image on the background that looks like windows 7 , you don't need any phaser or java script canvas or webgl at all, you can do that all in html and just add an image as the background and change the login box via css file to be what you want it to be.
html5 (canvas/javascript) is mainly used if you want to animate something, which you can also do with no javascript via css3 animations depending on what you want to do.
there is plenty of ways to do all this stuff but you have to have some basic knowledge how to do it.
Like I said if all you want is a windows 7 background just grab any theme already made, mine or one on your system already, then change the background image, you will have to change the name of the folder and the theme file info so it wont load a duplicate of the same but if you know anything about css or html or javascript it won't be too hard.
if you don't know any of this stuff then I would suggest learning it first, otherwise it's like wanting to overhaul a hemi engine after lifting the hood and never seeing an engine before.

here is a starter https://www.w3schools.com/
DrAlexander

Post by DrAlexander »

samriggs wrote:
DrAlexander wrote:

Sam
if all you want to do is put an image on the background that looks like windows 7 , you don't need any phaser or java script canvas or webgl at all, you can do that all in html and just add an image as the background and change the login box via css file to be what you want it to be.
html5 (canvas/javascript) is mainly used if you want to animate something, which you can also do with no javascript via css3 animations depending on what you want to do.
there is plenty of ways to do all this stuff but you have to have some basic knowledge how to do it.
Like I said if all you want is a windows 7 background just grab any theme already made, mine or one on your system already, then change the background image, you will have to change the name of the folder and the theme file info so it wont load a duplicate of the same but if you know anything about css or html or javascript it won't be too hard.
if you don't know any of this stuff then I would suggest learning it first, otherwise it's like wanting to overhaul a hemi engine after lifting the hood and never seeing an engine before.

here is a starter https://www.w3schools.com/
it's all basic stuff and for the box for icon I'm wondering how it can use your current .face image as the current user plus the images need to light up when hovering and such it's all basic themes for my win 7 replica
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

it's all basic stuff and for the box for icon I'm wondering how it can use your current .face image as the current user plus the images need to light up when hovering and such it's all basic themes for my win 7 replica
like we stated we gave you the links to learn this stuff both me and catweasel, yes it's all basic web stuff, lighting up a button on hovering is basic stuff and can be done a few different ways in css or javascript here is the link to learn css https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

there is literally thousands and thousands of examples with codes all over the internet for this stuff.
Anything more and we'll be creating the whole thing for you.

We gave you plenty to get you on your way and then some.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”