Cinnamon , Mint Themes and sound effects FeedBack

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ekinho

Cinnamon , Mint Themes and sound effects FeedBack

Post by ekinho »

Linux mint 18.2 Cinnamon DE Feedback by an Casual User that came from using Windows and Mac for 20 years.

First of all I want to say that this OS is the most elegant and clean that I have ever used and I am very thankful to be unchained from windows by this wonderful community, as a filthy casual like me this change wasn't very doable, until I saw Linux mint. Needless to say I never enjoyed using my Laptop so much.
I even installed mint mate DE on my mothers laptop.

All the feedback Im providing does not have to be seen as complaints but as ideas to make it even better.

1:Linux mint y and x theme resize window should have 2 different icons so we know the current state of the window by looking at it.

2:Linux mint y theme (light) window borders are confusing because the border blends with the whole window making it not intuitive to move windows arround (this is fixed on mint y dark because the borders aren't same color as the window).

3:Minimize and Maximize sound effects are a bit too loud compared to the others.

thanks so much for the experience!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tmq

Re: Cinnamon , Mint Themes and sound effects FeedBack

Post by tmq »

Similarly, the cinnamon panel needs the capability to be resized length-wise (the Xfce panel has had this feature for years).

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”