Sidebar Icons [Solved]

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Teksonik

Sidebar Icons [Solved]

Post by Teksonik »

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the size of the Sidebar Icons shown here on the left under My Computer ? I've poked around everywhere I can think of. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Mint Cinnamon 18.2 64 Bit. Nemo 3.4.7
Sidebar 1.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Sidebar Icons

Post by catweazel »

You' will have to edit, for example, the cinnamon.css file for the theme in ~/.themes/<theme-name>/cinnamon.

This thread may also be helpful.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Teksonik

Post by Teksonik »

Thank you for the help. So it's the Theme that designates the size of the icons on the left ? Sounds like it might be a bit of a challenge for a novice like myself but I'm off to give it a go none the less. I'll start with the Link you provided. Thanks again. :)

EDIT: I've had a good poke around in the various .css files including those recommended in the link you provided. I've done edits on other theme files, not in Linux but other software and it's never as simple as finding a "Nemo Sidebar Icon Size" entry in a config file. So far I'm not seeing anything that jumps out as being the proper value to edit but I'll keep looking. If anyone knows which line in which .css file I would need to edit I would be eternally grateful.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

catweazel wrote:You' will have to edit, for example, the cinnamon.css file for the theme in ~/.themes/<theme-name>/cinnamon.

This thread may also be helpful.
This is misleading in this case. The cinnamon theme only controls the styling of the cinnamon shell elements. That would be things like the panels and applets that live on them, the workspaces views, run dialog, etc.

Nemo is a gtk3 application so it's styling is controlled by the gtk3-0 theme. It won't help in this case though. The size of those icons is determined in Nemos C code and can't be modified via the theme.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

JosephM wrote:
catweazel wrote:You' will have to edit, for example, the cinnamon.css file for the theme in ~/.themes/<theme-name>/cinnamon.
This is misleading in this case. The cinnamon theme only controls the styling of the cinnamon shell elements. That would be things like the panels and applets that live on them, the workspaces views, run dialog, etc.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Teksonik

Post by Teksonik »

JosephM wrote:The size of those icons is determined in Nemos C code and can't be modified via the theme.
Thanks for clearing that up. Seems odd that those icons are locked to a set size. I assume someone has made a feature request to allow resizing them somewhere along the line.

Oh well, win some lose some.......thanks for all the help ! :)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”