Login themes not working?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ElectroLund

Login themes not working?

Post by ElectroLund »

I'm confused. I installed LM Cinnamon 18.2 and I'd like to change the login theme a little. I want to add my user login photos. My login options look like this:

I've read elsewhere that the MDM thingy should give me more extensive theming:

https://delightlylinux.files.wordpress. ... -theme.png

Now I've installed MDM and its themes, but then I just get two Login icons in my Systems Settings! And both open the same old panel, not this new one that allows previews of the themes.

Help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Penn

Re: Login themes not working?

Post by Penn »

What icon are you trying to change? The user avatar? If so I think in Mint changing the user avatar in "Users and Groups" works.

If for some reason that doesn't work you can also change it in Lightdm greeter in other distros with "lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings" which I think is available in Mint/Ubuntu repos so that might work.

Wallpaper is also changeable in Lightdm. I don't think you can scroll wallpaper in Lightdm but to me that isn't good anyway since if I wait to long to log into Mint it causes delay in mouse and keyboard input.

If it is something different you want to change I think you need to be more specific.
ElectroLund

[SOLVED] Re: Login themes not working?

Post by ElectroLund »

I got it working. When I switched from Light to MDM, both somehow remained active in my System Settings.

I discovered that in the Panel Menu Editor, I could disable the LightDM all together which then finally gave me access to the theme selector panel of MDM. I'm good now!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”