Boot splash logo : how to change / remove ?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
beowulf888

Boot splash logo : how to change / remove ?

Post by beowulf888 »

I have Linux Mint 18.2 installed and am not a fan of the boot splash that shows a large green "LM" logo and animated green dots beneath it. Is there a way to change this? I don't mind dots, but gray or white would be preferred and I would rather replace that green LM logo image with anything else or just replace it with white/gray text such as a simple "Linux Loading". I have good this but references for this seem to be for Mint 17. Any help appreciated, toss me a bone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
minitux

Re: Boot splash logo : how to change / remove ?

Post by minitux »

can you see my revisited plymouth themes, there may be something you like

viewtopic.php?f=211&t=253945
beowulf888

Post by beowulf888 »

minitux wrote:can you see my revisited plymouth themes, there may be something you like
viewtopic.php?f=211&t=253945
Okay cool thank you! I am not a fan of the green but I extracted your archive and I can easily edit the images in it and follow your instructions and hopefully get a boot splash more to my liking (isn't that what Linux is all about, being able to customize?) Again, thank you.
minitux

Post by minitux »

I hope you can do whatever you want, bye

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”