<SOLVED>Moving Show Desctop icon

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mishoshko

<SOLVED>Moving Show Desctop icon

Post by mishoshko »

Hello,

Is there a way to change the position of Show Desktop icon to the bottom right(like it is on Windows 10)?
I just installed Linux mint after using Windows for a long time. I don't care about icons and pointer and etc. but "Show desktop" in windows was very convenient...
I tried to search Google and in this forum but didn't find the answer. If there is already such topic please give me the link ;)

Thank you.

EDIT:
I get it. Just needed to edit the panel and moved the icon. Sorry for asking this stupid question...i guess more are coming :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Moving Show Desctop icon

Post by Moem »

First things first... which version of Mint are you using, and with which desktop environment? Interface stuff like this is highly dependent on DE.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

if you are using the Mate Desktop:
it will be Locked to the Taskar:
- R/click it - - uncheck "Lock to Panel".
- R/click it - - Move - - drag it to the RHS of the Taskbar ..
- R/click it - check "Lock to Panel'.

Done.
:D
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
mishoshko

Post by mishoshko »

Hello,.
I'm using Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64 bit
Cinnamon version 3.4.3
Linux Kernel - 4.8.0.53-generic

Hope this is the right info...
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

That certainly helps!

Rightclick on an empty part of the panel (the bar at the bottom of the screen) and then on the 'Panel edit mode' switch. Now items on the panel, including that 'show desktop' button, can be dragged to different positions. When you're done, switch 'Panel edit mode' off.

How's that?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”