OSX Sierra in Cinnamon

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lisabonne citadel

OSX Sierra in Cinnamon

Post by lisabonne citadel »

TO INSTALL nautilus
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nautilus

gnome-tweak-tool to disable desktop icons
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

you need to launch gnome-tweak-tool from terminal
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lisabonne citadel

Re: OSX Sierra in Cinnamon

I jUST NOTICE THAT MY OPENDESKTOP ACCOUNT WAS DELETED BY ADMINISTRATOR...
some much love from blue systems... I really love this atitude.
Its impossible from someone stolen my account password... i adquired some knowledge that - without cookies on web browser no one can steal your password and I dont have and i dont store my password.

I'm starting to believe Microsoft can hold opendesktop purposes... i wrote this because some security issues was given to everyone last day. Free information for free people. And just today my account was erased.

I apologize this transmitted feeling... but opendesktop since 2016 its not just before. Be warn!

Percentage Plymouth Theme Reuploaded
Penn

Post by Penn »

If I am correct, you posted something on this site that was ruled as using copyrighted material. If that was hosted on opendesktop that would be a reason for deleting your account. Even though many of us agree with libre/open principles, both Mint and Opendesktop have to protect themselves and neither necessarily disagrees with the existence of proprietary stuff or it's legal rights. I get wanting to use stuff the way you want. I use an album cover on one of my machines as wallpaper. That is copyright protected but I don't share that image so I doubt Pink Floyd is going to tell me I can't use it for my own personal machine (I did acquire the image legally).

As to your first post - Why install Nautilus? Is it really necessary? As far as that goes, why not just use the Nautilus version in the official repos instead of adding a PPA (if it is really needed for some reason). This isn't meant as confrontational but I am curious if this is needed especially since I have heard of both Nautilus and Gnome Tweak tools causing issues in Cinnamon.
lisabonne citadel

I guess you have right about copyright issues. But at the same time if someone marked one publication at least i should know that my account will be deleted in 24 hours or something like that :cry:
Its about respect to all opendesktop members.
Nautilus in PPA can have this ultimate look *3.18 version updated to xenial version per example.
I dont know what issues you refering to in gnome-tweak-tool... i only disabled desktop icons. And make a reboot... all seems normal as usual.
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

I have achieved something similar using Cairo-Dock and Mac4Lin. I have Mint 18.2 Cinnamon on an iMac 9.1. Here are two views of my desktop. I use the Alu theme in Cairo-Dock to give the dock a slick look.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”