How to change colors in GTK3

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barefootcoder
Level 1
Level 1

How to change colors in GTK3

Post by barefootcoder »

Now that the Colors tab is gone in GTK3, how do you change the colors? I assume there's a file somewhere if nothing else, but a GUI method would be even better.

Running Mate on Sonya (18.2). Thx guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to change colors in GTK3

Post by aes2011 »

Which gtk3 theme are you using? Some can no longer be edited simply :(
barefootcoder
Level 1
Level 1

Post by barefootcoder »

aes2011 wrote:Which gtk3 theme are you using? Some can no longer be edited simply :(
I'm currently using Mint-Merlot, which I've been dragging around with me from machine to machine ever since I discovered it like a decade ago. But I'm not sure that's relevant. I don't want to change the base theme. I want to change the current settings. So what I do is click on the "Customize" button, which makes a separate entry (called "Custom"), then I can edit that via the GUI. Except now I can't change the colors any more. :? So I'm assuming that "Custom" is stored somewhere, and I could edit those files without impacting the base themes, but I'm not sure where I would do that. (And, as I say, GUI would be better, IMHO ... I like doing command-line things at the command line, but doing GUI things at the CLI I find frustrating.)
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

This really isn't possible via a GUI anymore. You pretty much have to modify the theme files.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”