Transparent panel Easy (Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Transparent panel Easy (Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

Post by Ozo »

While personalizing my system (Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon) I have been looking for a transparent panel and here it is. There is something in system settings called Extensions and one is called Transparent panels.

Please click the photo or double click for a magnified image

Notice the green lit clock. That is from the green theme.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Transparent panel Easy

Post by Cosmo. »

Without saying for which desktop (at best also the Mint version) this does not help much.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Cosmo. wrote:Without saying for which desktop (at best also the Mint version) this does not help much.
I should have made that more clear.

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Keep in mind that it's possible to switch off signatures for the forum; people who do that will never see them. And some of us do that because the information given in signatures is often outdated and misleading.
After all, updating your signature means that all your old posts now show your new signature, even if they were made years ago. So it's just not a great place to post information that may be relevant.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Moem wrote:Keep in mind that it's possible to switch off signatures for the forum; people who do that will never see them. And some of us do that because the information given in signatures is often outdated and misleading.
After all, updating your signature means that all your old posts now show your new signature, even if they were made years ago. So it's just not a great place to post information that may be relevant.
Thank you, I had forgotten that. However; In this case I was not relying on the sig but had simply neglected to add that info to the thread. :mrgreen:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: [SOLVED] Transparent panel Easy

Post by Moem »

I just wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: [SOLVED] Transparent panel Easy

Post by Cosmo. »

The starting post still does not say anything about Mint version and desktop.

Assume, you change your mind regarding the desktop at a later time and change the signature accordingly: Then your starting post would get totally misleading. Regarding Mint version: By default Mint comes (until now) with no extension pre-installed. You can download and install them from the web via the extension dialogue. But heaven knows, if an extension will be still compatible with the next version of Cinnamon. So both parts of the main system specs belong to a post. (Or would you find it meaningful to place the 2 lines starting post completely into your signature?
Ozo

Transparent panel Easy

Post by Ozo »

Cosmo. wrote:The starting post still does not say anything about Mint version and desktop.

Assume, you change your mind regarding the desktop at a later time and change the signature accordingly: Then your starting post would get totally misleading. Regarding Mint version: By default Mint comes (until now) with no extension pre-installed. You can download and install them from the web via the extension dialogue. But heaven knows, if an extension will be still compatible with the next version of Cinnamon. So both parts of the main system specs belong to a post. (Or would you find it meaningful to place the 2 lines starting post completely into your signature?
You are absolutely right and I am adding that now. I will try to remember to do that in the future too. :)
Last edited by Ozo on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] Transparent panel Easy.................... (Mint 18.3 Cinnamon)

Post by deanr72 »

Thanks - nice and easy. Works like a charm :D

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”