Imgur or Postimage?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Imgur or Postimage?

Post by Ozo »

I find Imgur is a really really easy to operate photo host. Its best feature is its very small learning curve so great for those new to posting photos.

If you have been using Postimage then you are familiar with its operation so yeah great for you but what about the new members. I did try Postimage but was put off with the complexity which is similar to Photobucket which I felt the same about.

If you Postimage users actually try Imgur you could offer a comparison at least or perhaps your opinion. Please post your results here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Imgur or Postimage?

Post by Moem »

I don't care which image host people prefer as long as they link to the image not the page, so no one gets an unexpected face full of ads. Both Imgur and Postimage will let you do this... the free version of Photobucket doesn't do this anymore, unfortunately.

Personally I either use Imgur or I upload the image as an attachment. If it's not a whole screenshot saved as a .png, it will generally work within the restrictions. Here's a 50 KB example.
thunderbird.jpg

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I use my Chrome browser extension, Nimbus for grabbing just the browser window saving as .png and then to Imgur. Just four quick clicks and then Imgur or whatever host you have. Plus, there is an opportunity to add circles text etc to it in Nimbus.

JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Several times on these forums, I've run into links that show the image with the whole page of ads, which were of women in suggestive poses. I don't like that. Even though I'm a gay male, I wouldn't want to see men like that either. I just want to view the image that pertains to the post.

I use the attachment feature within the forums. I use Shutter to grab pics as jpgs. Setting Shutter in preferences to 50 quality makes the jpgs around 50 KB, even for a full screen pic and are still very legible. They also are small enough to quickly view them, even with slower connections.
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

I don't use either Imgur or Postimage that much, but Imgur's features are more familiar to me whenever I use Tumblr (a social networking website).

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”