Mint-Y / Mint-Y-Darker: How to change the "shadow" color of xreader?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hørk

Mint-Y / Mint-Y-Darker: How to change the "shadow" color of xreader?

Post by hørk »

Hi all,

when I recently upgraded my system to Linux Mint 18.3 (was 18.1 before), I discovered that xreader is now featuring a much lighter "drop shadow" near a pdf page. I don't know whether this is mainly due to the new version of xreader or if the Mint-Y themes in general have been updated; anyway I think this is very confusing in two-page mode. Before, the "shadow" helped to distinguish a page and the background, which also is in a light grey.

I don't have any experience in modifying or creating GTK themes, but I tried to find out the color value in different notations (e. g. HTML value: #F8F8F8) of the shadow part and searched for it in /usr/share/themes/Mint-Y-Darker/gtk-3.0/gtk.css. Nothing I changed made a difference in the shadow darkness or color. With the GTK+-Inspector, I was able to identify that this section of the window belongs to an "EvView" and can be controlled by "view" and "content-view" classes.

In the inspector, having navigated to this EvView element, I was able to change the color (temporarily) with CSS rules for *, .content-view and .view. But even creating an EvView rule in gtk.css (there wasn't any) didn't change anything (for permanent use).

Does anyone know where to change this setting? I enclosed a screen shot and marked the color there. However, it's very small as this shadow seems not to be affected by zooming in the window.

Thank you for every suggestion,

hørk
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”