[Solved] What is class to theme the right pane of Nemo?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
a-bentofreire
Level 2
Level 2

[Solved] What is class to theme the right pane of Nemo?

Post by a-bentofreire »

Hi,

I'm using the Mint-Yltra-Dark theme on Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.
It's beautiful and it works well.
However, when I'm using Nemo with the right pane, I can't tell which pane is active,
and many times when I press back the unexpected pane changes its location.
I would like to modify the theme in order to have a different background color for nemo's right pane.

I have edited the /home/<user>/.themes/Mint-Y-Yltra-Dark/cinnamon/cinnamon.css, but I didn't found any place where I could override nemo's right panel.
Help would be appreciated

Thank you
Alexandre
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Penn

Re: What is class to theme the right pane of Nemo?

Post by Penn »

It isn't in cinnamon.css. It is GTK 3.0 but precisely where depends on your theme and I'm not familiar with the exact theme name you have there.

If the single pane color isn't set separately from general gtk colors such as xed's pane the only place for the color is in the .view area but if that theme is truly tailored for Cinnamon it will have a section for nemo (such as in Mint-x there are multiple Nemo specific properties in /path/to/theme_name/gtk-3.0/apps). If you want to adjust the active pane or single pane color either find or is it isn't present add a section for

Code: Select all

NemoWindow .view {
    background-color: #0000ff;
}
which would give you a full blue pane.

The inactive pane value should already be there if you have a Nemo section but if it isn't add (and change according to preference)

Code: Select all

.nemo-inactive-pane .view {
    background-color: shade(@theme_base_color, 0.93);
    color: shade(@theme_fg_color, 1.2);
}
I'm guessing from your phrasing you already know that would make the inactive pane a bit darker than your theme_base_color
a-bentofreire
Level 2
Level 2

Re: What is class to theme the right pane of Nemo?

Post by a-bentofreire »

Works perfectly. Thank you. Thumbs Up.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”