Rainlendar2 Simple Desktop Calendar

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Rainlendar2 Simple Desktop Calendar

Post by Ozo »

I stripped the panel including the panel calendar. Then I installed Rainlendar2 which I launch from the dock. Cool icon too. Colors can be changed.

The panel is on the left with only the Menu and audio applets being used. Of course the active programs appear there too.

It does the job but I am looking for something better (always). This takes two clicks to exit and is even a tad slow about launching. This interface is ok but I would like the numbers to be a little larger. I am viewing the 40" monitor from across a small room so have double scale enabled and the panel is at maximum height but still a little small. Compare to dock icons. Both are set to auto-hide.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: Rainlendar2 Simple Desktop Calendar

Post by Ozo »

I was having some problems with Rainlendar2 so am now using a calendar from the Mint 18.3 Sylvia's Software Manager called Osmo. Not to shabby with my theme colors spicing it up.

The default fonts/number size is perfect for me.

It launches and closes instantaneously. I only use it to check the date and day of month so it is perfect. I am sure the other calendar functions are great but I do not use them. It is a simple calendar that serves a simple purpose.

Click to see the entire photo

Cinnamox-Aubergene-transparent theme with Osmo (double scale)

Cinnamox-Rosso-Cursa-Transparent theme with Osmo (normal scale)
Ozo

Re: Rainlendar2 Simple Desktop Calendar

Post by Ozo »

A desklet appointment calendar is my new choice. It is ultra simple and configurable (size). It is minimal but I can bring Osmo up if more is needed.

The calendars selling attribute is that it can be dragged easily which means it can be on all the time but hidden if desired.

Here is a screenshot of the calendar hidden at bottom right. The desklet clock is hidden top right. In addition a dock is automatically hidden at the bottom, and the Mint panel is automatically hidden on the left.

CLICK TO VIEW ENTIRE PHOTO

The two overlap nicely. Sometimes I just leave them like that. They do not stay on top. The general desklet settings is set at no adornments so both have no border etc..

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”