Need help with window preview settings

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yigitdnz

Need help with window preview settings

Post by yigitdnz »

Hi, I've been trying to edit the cinnamon themes to make them better for my liking.
I have made some changes to the Vivaldi-ZorinOS theme already.
However, even though I've looked around a lot, I haven't been able to find what to play with to edit the window previews of the window-list applet.
I want to change the borders and position of the previews (place them a few pixels higher) but I can't find the related settings.
I believe they are not in the cinnamon.css file.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Need help with window preview settings

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

in Cinnamon 3.6.x and below the window-list-preview inherits it's theming from the alt-tab switcher.

So the border actually comes from a border declaration in .switcher-list.

I'm not sure of any way to reliably modify the position.

For the next cinnamon release 3.8 which will ship with Mint 19 the window-list-applet has had a revamp and will have it's own style class - .window-list-preview. The new applet itself has configuration options for size of thumbail etc.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
yigitdnz

Post by yigitdnz »

Thanks a lot. That is good to know :)
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

smurphos wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am Hi,

in Cinnamon 3.6.x and below the window-list-preview inherits it's theming from the alt-tab switcher.

So the border actually comes from a border declaration in .switcher-list.

I'm not sure of any way to reliably modify the position.

For the next cinnamon release 3.8 which will ship with Mint 19 the window-list-applet has had a revamp and will have it's own style class - .window-list-preview. The new applet itself has configuration options for size of thumbail etc.

Do you know if the new applet has an option to close like the Windows 10 thumbnails? It is no matter to me as I now use Workspaces and do not get thumbnails of all active programs on the panel. Still, I had hoped that option would eventually get added .
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Ozo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am Do you know if the new applet has an option to close like the Windows 10 thumbnails? It is no matter to me as I now use Workspaces and do not get thumbnails of all active programs on the panel. Still, I had hoped that option would eventually get added .
Hi Ozo,

Unfortunately not. You can set it (and the current version) to close the window on a middle mouse button click via Window-List preferences.

Alternatively, give another Window list applet a try - I like CobiWindowList. It has a close button on the thumbnail and also has an option for app-grouping.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”