Regular Mint Cinnamon Themes Gone

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Regular Mint Cinnamon Themes Gone

Post by deanr72 »

Hi all.

Yesterday I uninstalled Libre Office 5.4 using command line 'purge' and installed Libre Office 6. Then I noticed that the borders on my windows weren't as they were previously. When I went back to themes I noticed that most of the standard Mint themes (Mint-X-Sand etc.) had simply disappeared.

I've found a download of all the Mint themes, unpacked them and copied them into the themes folder and they still aren't appearing. I noticed on the forum that this happened a few years back exactly the same with an uninstall of Libre Office but there was no solution.

Can anyone help me either:

a) find where the themes have disappeared to and then add them once again to the themes options
b) tell me how I can add the newly downloaded Mint themes and access them via the themes options

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Dean
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: Regular Mint Cinnamon Themes Gone

Post by Ozo »

Can not tell you how to do that but why worry about those themes? The themes which have recently been added to themes are awesome so the older ones are kinda outdated. My advise is to dump the old stuff and embrace the new stuff. :)
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Not sure that minituxx's solution covers all bases.

The problem is caused by removing libreoffice-style-mint which has cross dependencies with mint-artwork-gnome, mint-meta-cinnamon & mint-themes

To reverse..

apt install libreoffice-style-mint mint-artwork-gnome mint-meta-cinnamon mint-themes
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deanr72 »

Thanks for the speedy and useful responses - problem solved!

As for wanting to use the standard themes - for now I've got my Mint Cinnamon 18.3 looking just lovely :)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”