Minimalist Panel & Menu

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Minimalist Panel & Menu

Post by Ozo »

Oops duplicate
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: Minimalist Panel & Menu

Post by Ozo »

I have found how to strip the panel of windows list, system tray etc. and still have a view of all the active programs. The panel now has only a few functions and no activity there except when the player is running the audio icon changes to a music note icon.

I keep a collection of launchers on the desktop (hidden) and copies can be dragged to the panel.

The active programs are viewed on Workspaces. Everything I need is on a dock at the bottom. When these screenshots were taken there were several active programs on Workspaces but the panel is unchanged.

I stripped the menu of everything but the search window and it is still pretty using the Cinnamox-Aubergene-Transparent theme.

The Shutdown options applet was installed on the panel due to them being missing from the menu.

The calendar works great and looks good.

I put the panel on top which works well because there is seldom any reason to look at it with the new method. The dock on the bottom can be used like a panel. Click a launcher and that workspace opens instantaneously. Click it again and it disappears. You can choose to display or not the newly launched programs. Activity of the pinned launchers is indicated on a bar below the dock.

I keep all the panel items on the right with the menu icon (gear) on the inside and the calendar on the right with spacers between everything. The photos required moving them to the left to get the best shot. This is in double scale.

I have recently removed the audio applet so use the keyboard, player, amplifier etc. to adjust volume.

The Panel

The Menu

The Panel and The Dock

The Calendar

The Shutdown Menu
Last edited by Ozo on Sun May 13, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozo

Re: Minimalist Panel & Menu

Post by Ozo »

My latest minimal panel May 20, 2018.
Session Manager applet is now used with a custom red icon. The Menu retains the custom gear icon. Note: The Menu launches with a click anywhere on the Menu icon or its text so is a huge target.

...............................................Click to enlarge, Click twice to super enlarge

Appearance when "Always show panel" displaces the browser. Even though the Transparent Panels Extension is installed the Cinnamox theme color and border appear.Notice the browsers personal info is fuzzed out with Nimbus

Appearance upon launch when "auto hide panel" has been selected. Transparency is functioning. Please notice that even though the browser is active there is no indication of it on the panel without the Windows list. That function is now handled by Workspaces if you will recall. However; if you watch real close you may see the clock move. The point of no activity is that now there is no need to constantly monitor the panel.

The number of launchers on the dock is reduced to six but the Media Player launcher is there when that is active. The dock is now spanning the bottom. It is now the central focal point for operations. Notice the activity indicator lights below the active launchers. I can open or close them with one click. If I want to see all the active programs at once a sweep of the cursor into the lower right corner opens the Workspace view of them.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”