Icons Move

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RubyStone
Level 2
Level 2

Icons Move

Post by RubyStone »

Hi all. If this is the wrong forum area please advise me.

There seems to be a bug with the desktop icon alignment. They should always stay in place no matter what the size or location.

However, I noticed that when they are small then they tend to automatically pile-up when I boot the system - they are in different locations from the last session. I am kinda of thinking that this should never happen if they are placed someplace - they should stay. Even when I properly auto arrange them then turn off auto-arrange (align to grid is on) it scrambles certain icons on reboot.

It doesn't seem to have this issue with the 'Normal Size" icons.

Please fix the icons so they are as reliable as the sun rising. Cheers. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Icons Move

Post by smurphos »

I'm guessing Cinnamon DE from some of your previous posts? It helps to state... :wink:

Where are you setting the icon size?

It might help avoid the messing up on reboot to ensure that the icon view icon scaling in Nemo preferences is the same as set on the right-click desktop menu.

Desktop Small = Nemo 66%, Desktop Large = Nemo 150%.

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”