nice icons

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ud6

nice icons

Post by ud6 »

I never really changed icons much as often just seemed to go back to the default, but I found some nice icon sets (colourful) that are comprehensive and go well with dark themes (I think a dark theme is set off well by colourful and tasteful icons).

My two favourites are 'vivacious colours' (which has selection of coloured icons depending on theme e.g. 'dark' ones are are lighter in colour so show up with dark theme) and 'pop' icons.
Screenshot at 2018-08-29 14-30-02.png

To install vivacious: https://www.ubuntupit.com/install-vivac ... x-desktop/

To install pop:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:system76/pop
sudo apt update
sudo apt install pop-icon-theme
Please ignore the fact that I use Microsoft Outlook (online) and that I was visiting the Manjaro website :shock: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: nice icons

Post by JerryF »

I really like the 'vivacious colours'.
lee-dan17

Post by lee-dan17 »

Looking good.
Reaccion Raul

Post by Reaccion Raul »

Icons depend a lot on the desktop, Papirus is my favourite for Xfce, on Mate Vibrancy looks really good and on Cinnamon my favs are Numix Circle (but they doesn't look good at all on Xfce's Thunar).

Numix Circle on Cinnamon.

deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deanr72 »

E: Unable to locate package pop-icon-theme

:(
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

deanr72 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 am E: Unable to locate package pop-icon-theme

:(
It's not available for Mint 18.x / xenial via the PPA. It's there for Mint 19 / bionic.

You can grab the debs directly from https://launchpad.net/~system76/+archiv ... hive-extra and see if they will install on 18.x
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
deanr72
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deanr72 »

Yep - that did it!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”