Login manager in Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce : move login dialog in center of the screen

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mika34

Login manager in Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce : move login dialog in center of the screen

Post by mika34 »

Hi,

I'm trying to customize my login manager in Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce

As you can see on the screenshot of a standard default mint config, the login dialog is located on the left side of the screen, and I would like to place it at the center (the red rectangle in screenshot)
01 Slick-Greeter.jpg
There are some default lightdm config files in /usr/share/lightdm and /etc/lightdm, standard mint greeter config is located in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/99_linuxmint.conf

Code: Select all

[greeter]
background=/usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint/default_background.jpg
theme-name=Mint-X
icon-theme-name=Mint-X
font-name=Ubuntu 11
xft-antialias=true
xft-dpi=96
xft-hintstyle=hintslight
xft-rgba=rgb
indicators=~host;~spacer;~clock;~spacer;~session;~a11y;~language;~power
keyboard=onboard
reader=orca
position = 50%,center 50%,center
default-user-image = #avatar-default
screensaver-timeout = 60
a11y-states=contrast;font;keyboard;reader
user-background = false
clock-format = %a %d %b, %H:%M
and specific customization, which actually overrides parameters in parent files is located in /etc/lightdm/slick-greeter.conf :

Code: Select all

[Greeter]
draw-user-backgrounds=false
draw-grid=true
theme-name=Arc-Darker-Solid
icon-theme-name=Papirus
background=/usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint/default_background.jpg
I read somewhere that parameter for login dialog is position, but changing position parameter either in slick-greeter.conf, or in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/99_linuxmint.conf, doesn't seem to influence actual position of dialog box (nothing changes !).

On the other hand, if I change some parameters in /etc/lightdm/slick-greeter.conf : draw-grid=false for instance, then I can see that grid has disappeared in lightdm as soon as I lock my session.

So question is : how to move login dialog in the center of the screen in login manager in Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”